Texas Flood Insurance Quotes



The Ragle Insurance Agency offers Flood Insurance in the state of Texas. Welcome to Allstate!
Get a Texas Insurance Quote
Learn More about Texas Insurance
Ragle Insurance Agency
Customer Service
Contact the Ragle Insurance Agency
Texas Insurance Coverages
Texas Flood Quote

Get a Quote for Flood Insurance in Texas.

Learn how texas flood insurance protects your home and personal items. Courtesy of Allstate.










Texas Flood Rates

Texas Flood Insurance Coverages

Texas Flood Insurance

Texas ranks at or near the top of the nation in weather-related property damage each year. A large portion of this damage is due to flooding.

Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the United States

Flood insurance protects you from the financial devastation caused by floods. Even a few inches of water can bring thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs. Most homeowners insurance does not cover floods. You need flood insurance. Flood insurance costs the same wherever you purchase it, because the rates are set by the National Flood Insurance Program.

Get a Texas FLOOD insurance Quote

Texas Flood Insurance Policies

Flood insurance is sold and serviced by private insurers, and backed by the federal government. More than 85 companies sell flood insurance. Flood insurance costs the same wherever you purchase it, because the rates are set by the National Flood Insurance Program.

Everyone lives in a flood zone.

Flood insurance is “single peril” insurance, sold separately from homeowners insurance. Flood insurance protects against losses to buildings and their contents, not the land surrounding them. The coverage applies whether the flooding results from heavy or prolonged rains, coastal storm surge, snow melt, blocked storm drainage systems, levee dam failure, or other causes. To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties.

Preferred Risk Policies can start as low as $112 per year in the low risk areas.

A Preferred Risk Policy covers both a home and its contents. While you aren’t federally required to have flood insurance in a low-to-moderate risk area, that does not mean you won’t ever need it. Large floods often extend beyond the boundaries of high-risk areas and smaller floods occur outside high-risk areas as well. In fact, a quarter of all flood insurance claims come from low-to-moderate risk areas.

If you live in a high-risk area, you will need a Standard Policy. Most mortgage lenders will require that you have such a policy before they will approve your loan.

In high-risk areas, there is at least a 1 in 4 chance of flooding during a 30-year mortgage.

Texas Flood Insurance Coverages

Flood insurance covers both homes and businesses. With residential coverage you can get up to $250,000 of insurance to protect your home and up to $100,000 to protect its contents. If you are located in (or moving into) a high-risk area, federally regulated or insured lenders will require you to have flood insurance for the amount remaining on your mortgage, or $250,000, whichever is lower. With commercial coverage, you can get up to $500,000 of insurance to protect your building and up to $500,000 to protect its contents.

Back To Top

Get a Texas FLOOD insurance Rate


Hurricanes and Windstorm Insurance

The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) is the state´s insurer of last resort for wind and hail coverage in the 14 coastal counties and parts of Harris County on Galveston Bay. TWIA provides wind and hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other property policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy TWIA coverage through local insurance agents if you need it.

When a hurricane enters the Gulf of Mexico (80 degrees longitude and 20 degrees latitude), you can no longer change or purchase new Windstorm coverage.

If you plan to build, add to, or renovate a home or other structure and want TWIA coverage, you or your builder should request an inspection by a TDI windstorm inspector or a Texas licensed professional engineer appointed by TDI. Your agent can tell you how to get an inspection.

Back To Top

(For more info please visit the National Flood Insurance Program)

Flood Insurance for TX.
Texas Flood Insurance Coverage Options

Home | Agency | Quotes | Texas Insurance | Privacy | Sitemap | Terms | News | Contact

Copyright © 2007-2015 All Rights
Reserved Ragle Insurance Agency, Inc